Updated: Jan 7, 2021
On December 1, 2021 the BC government updated its COVID-19 health measures related to worship services. These health measures remain in place and are in line with the most recent provincial health announcements regarding public health orders.
Christ Church Cathedral’s current protocols already adhere to the measures implemented on Dec 1, 2021:
- We continue to hold services at 50% of seated capacity.
- We require masks for ages 5 and up.
- We recommend respectful distancing.
- Any non-worship event requires proof of vaccination for those 12 and up.
- Proof of vaccination is required for ticketed concert events.
- Participants attending worship services, including choirs, must wear a face covering during worship services, including as participants come in to the place of worship and when they leave, until outside.
- Participants will be able to remove the face covering when consuming food or drink to allow for ceremonial activities.
- Readers and celebrants will be allowed to speak without a mask, subject to distancing requirements or barrier to prevent transmission.
- We continue to adhere to our Covid-19 workplace safety plan
We are adhering to all measures set out in the Provincial Health Orders as well as the COVID-19 update from the Diocese of Islands and Inlets.
As a faith community, we fall under the Faith-Based, Spiritual and Workshop Practices restrictions set out by the BC government. Please note that this means our worship services are currently exempt from needing proof of vaccination.